SCS Essential package
SCS Essential package has been prepared to help you excel at your Strategic Case Study exam in May 2022 - August 2022. We've put a lot of thought and effort to prepare this innovative package. We do believe that this is exactly what was missing on the market.
In a nutshell - this is a combination of preparation and exam practice.
There are 3 fundamental steps you need to cover while you are preparing for your Strategic Case Study exam. As you can see on the screen, these are as follows::
- Reviewing the technical knowledge. What's required from you in terms of technical knowledge and what you already know, in terms of this.
- Analysing the preseen thoroughly , and doing it from a commercial POV and then performance, enterprise and a financial POV.
- Practicing the mocks, as well as practicing writing exam answers, however many you can possibly find. This is possibly the most crucial step of all.
And this is what we’ve covered in our newly created Strategic Case Study Packages.
In a nutshell, this is what we've included in the package:
SCS preparation video series
Generic preseen analysis videos + pdfs
E3, F3 & P3 OT Revisions Videos
Preseen analysis from the E3, F3 & P3 POV
15 single tasks to practice your writing 5 (E3), 5 (F3), 5 (P3)
3 mocks with solutions and marking guide
Extra videos on ethics, writing technique, hot IT topics and a mock walkthrough
Our main Essential Package covers the following key content areas. We’ve logically split the material into easy to follow steps, in an order that will be the most efficient and effective way of preparing for your SCS exam.
- In the first step, we will introduce the concept of Case Studies. We call it an SCS kickstarter. Here you can understand what is being examined, what is expected of you, what is your role in the exam, how the exam is structured, how to prepare for it, how to plan your answer and who to finally write it so you can maximise your marks at the exam
- We will help you revise the technical knowledge from E3, P3 and also F3 papers. It’s worth emphasising that those 3 papers are tested in a slightly different way here, it is all about the application of your knowledge, not necessarily what you know. That is why the standard revision of your OT papers may not be too useful for the case study exam. We need to know how to apply that knowledge to the Case Study exam and this is exactly what we’ve prepared for you.
- Finally, we’re moving into analysing the preseen. There will be 4 dedicated preseen analysis videos. First we’ll analyse everything on the document, that will be a complete commercial overview if you will. Our tutor Pete will highlight the important bits, analyse the information presented and expand it and give you more real-life examples. Industry analysis is also included here and you will also find a handy summary document there too.
- Then we will analyse the preseen document again, but from P3, E3 and then F3 perspective. We’ve decided to have themed weeks, so we will focus firstly the performance pillar, then the enterprise and finally the financial one. P3 is the lead paper here so we will start off with P3 analysis.
- Once you’ve revised the technical knowledge, we will delve into identifying potential P3, then E3 and finally F3 threats and opportunities. You will have a complete analysis from each OT paper POV, that covers the core activities and therefore the famous “I can statements”. And to reinforce all that knowledge and information, we will kick off the writing process here. We’ve prepared 5 tasks for each paper, based on the current preseen. We want you to avoid the common mistake that most students make while preparing for their Case Study. They start doing mocks far too late, and sometimes not even under exam conditions. We believe that if you start practising your writing from the get go as if you were in an exam environment, and then go on to complete your mocks, you'll find that preparing the structure of your answers and then developing your points will become second nature to you. Obviously, properly developed solutions to those tasks are included in the package.
- In the final 2 weeks, we will focus on mocks and ethics. You will have 3 mocks professionally written by our PTA tutors. We carefully crafted the questions and their solutions, we verified them numerous times. I can say with full confidence, that the quality of those mocks is definitively at the higher end of the market. If you’ve selected the Advanced or Master package, you’ll also have access to mocks that BPP has shared with us.
- Ethics is an important part of every case study. Almost in every exam variant there is a task related to ethics. That is why we’ve developed not only a condensed course on that topic, but also 3 additional practice tasks for the current preseen, so you can put in action what you’ve learned. As a side not, we’ve included so many writing tasks in our main package, that you could create a separe 2 or even 3 extra mocks from them.
- In the final week, you will give a confidence boost. We’ll summarise what we’ve covered so far and you’ll get some last-minute tips for the exam day.
Check how much approximately you will be charged in your own currency. We've taken the latest exchange rates from Google so you can translate the amount faster and easier.
* This information is just for your reference. You will be charged in GBP and the applied exchange rate will be that from your bank.
We believe that you shouldn't pay more if you change your mind at a later stage of your CIMA studies. We were the first (if not the only) tuition provider that offer the option to upgrade.
Here are the additional, higher packages that you could upgrade to, should you want to later on:
- SCS Advanced package (£139) - includes SCS Essential + 1 professional mock's marking service meaning you can get one of 3 mocks checked by one of our tutors. Mocks marking service costs £45/mock so you can obviously see that this is a bargain. And to sweeten the deal, we've also added a bonus SCS mock written by BPP.
- SCS Master Package (£199) - includes SCS Essential + all 3 mocks will be professionally checked and we're adding bonus 2 BPP mocks as well. There is also SCS 2 Webinars included in this package - in our opinion - the best part of the whole package.
- Marking of mocks service - £45/mock, if bought separately. Our tutors will check your mock wihtin 2-3 days and you will receive a document with your marking and suggestion on what to improve. SCS Advanced pack includes 1 marking, SCS Master includes marking of 3 mocks. *Disclaimer* - mocks marking related to PTA's own mocks. You need to have access to those mocks first in order to upgrade.