Ace your CIMASCS with Our Proven Method
✅ Boost your confidence with a structured study plan
✅ Learn from real-life case studies to apply your knowledge
✅ Get expert guidance and support throughout your journey
Revise E3, P3 and F3 papers, from the Case Study POV
Watch the complete preseen and industry analysis videos
Practice writing from the start! 15 tasks + up to 7 mocks available
Get your mocks professionally marked, find out where to improve
Pass your SCS exam with ease using our student pass guarantee
Expert CIMA SCS Preparation Approach
Congratulations on reaching the final stage of your CIMA studies and preparing to take on the critical role of a senior finance manager. As you move towards this pivotal moment, it is crucial to showcase your mastery of the knowledge, skills, and techniques acquired throughout your studies, demonstrating a higher perspective with supporting evidence. This is your chance to prove yourself and make it count - it's the final role-play before you embark on your real-world journey as a finance professional.
At the Academy, we understand what it takes to succeed and have all the resources to motivate and guide you towards a successful outcome. Our innovative case study materials include the following:
The Case Study Examination provides a simulated context which allows learners to demonstrate that they have acquired the required knowledge, skills, techniques and mindset for that role. Those five core activities are:
- Evaluate opportunities to add value.
- Implement senior management decisions.
- Manage performance and costs to aid value creation.
- Measure performance.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders.
Each of those core activities will have 15%-25% weight on the exam.
- There are four examination windows per year, in February, May, August and November. For details of upcoming Case Study Examination dates, visit cimaglobal.com.
- Pre-seen material will be published on the CIMA website ahead of the May and November examinations. The same preseen will be used for 2 examination windows (e.g. preseen will be the same for May-Aug and Nov-Feb sessions).
- Candidates must use the material to prepare for the examination, immersing themselves in the simulated scenario and considering the organisation’s current position and future strategy.
- During the course of the examination, new information will be provided at the start of each section (task). In response, candidates will have to consider the new information that’s been given, as well as their previous analysis of the pre-seen material.
- Results will be available in MyCIMA about six weeks after the examination.
- The examination lasts three hours. A 15-minute tutorial is available before the start of the examination to allow candidates to familiarise themselves with the test driver.
- The examination has four sections (tasks), which are each 45-minutes long. All sections are equally weighted. Candidates may finish a section early and move on to the next but cannot return to previous sections in the time remaining.
- There may be more than one sub-task within each section and an indication of how long to spend on each sub-task will be given to allow candidates to manage their time. If no weighting is given, then candidates should assume that the sub-tasks are equally weighted.
- More than one core activity will normally be assessed in each section/task and the order of core activities and assessment outcomes in the blueprint does not reflect how these might be structured in the examination.
- All core activities will be assessed in each form of the examination in line with the weightings.
- The examination requires constructed, written responses from candidates in the format of a range of business communications (for example, emails, memos, reports and briefing notes).
- The Case Study Examinations are human marked.
- The Case Study results will contain the following information:
- Grade: Pass or Fail
- Scaled score: 0 to 150 with 80 and above being a Pass
- There is no requirement to obtain a pass or meet a minimum threshold for each core activity.
- Feedback on performance against each core activity will be provided so that learners know their areas of weakness for further study.
Our CIMA Strategic
Case Study Packages
Check out what we have on offer and remember, you have the option to upgrade during your subscription, if you need to. All of our packages are covered by our 7-day money back guarantee and pass assurance.
Case Study tasks are not based around calculations
It’s all about explaining how financial activity can affect the business you are in.
We have everything in place to help you stay on track and improve on your writing technique so that you can keep the examiner satisfied and gain those extra marks.
Use technical knowledge of the theory from the F3, P3 and E3 syllabi
You must have all the key concepts mastered and have them ready to adapt into your answers.
We have prepared a high quality revision package for this purpose, which has been used widely in helping successful students pass their SCS exam.
Detailed, thought-out paragraphs and not lengthy essays
Case Study exams are marked by humans after all. Write your answers in short paragraphs and keep in mind that examiners want to see quality over quantity.
We have a marking service here, where you can get a mock exam assessed by our in-house expert and detailed feedback will be provided to you, so that you can improve on your answers.
The preseen is available 7 weeks before the exam and you should understand every aspect of it
This is crucial, because on exam day, you will be given ‘unseen’ information, which will tie in perfectly with the preseen.
We will scrutinise the preseen and present you with clear detailed facts so that you are left with no uncertainty on exam day.
Slow typing speed may affect your score
You really are expected to type a lot of information in a short space of time so it's important to practise your typing speed in advance so that you don’t have any nasty surprises on exam day.
20 words a minute should suffice as good typing speed when inputting your case study answers.
GET Your FREE SCS
Study & Exam Materials here
Our SCS Free Package comes with great features, plus instant access to the following materials:
Access to the selected current pre-seen materials and preparation videos, e.g. a deep dive into your role at the exam.
3 Practical Tasks with solutions, covering E3, P3 and F3 papers. All carefully prepared for the current SCS preseen.
Get instant and lifetime access to our newest SCS free materials.
Practise the above mini mock under exam conditions i.e. timed and using the similar word-processor, so you can improve your writing technique.
for your FREE package
Our SCS Packages
- for Nov'23 - Feb'24 Exam Window (the preseen has been released on the 29.09, our packages are aslmost complete!)
|Preseen and Industry Analysis Videos|
|Apply E3, P3, F3 to the Preseen Videos|
|Theory Revision Videos|
|Case Study Preparation Series|
|15 x Writing Practice Tasks|
|Professional Mocks With Solutions||3||5||6||7|
|Email Course Reminders|
|Mock Exam Walkthrough|
|Professional Mock Marking Service||1||3||5|
|Commonly Tested SCS topics|
|Most Likely Unseen Issues|
|Private 1to1 Tutor Lessons (30min)||3|
|Personal Tutor Guidance|
|5* Tutor Support|
|Pass Assurance, Money Back Guarantee|
- outstanding quality-
1, 2 or 3 high-standard mock exams
Solutions and marking guide included
Written by Case Study experts
- that makes a difference -