Pass CIMA OperationalCase Study with Ease
✅ Get step-by-step guidance on how to tackle the case study
✅ Learn key techniques and strategies to impress the examiners
✅ Access comprehensive study materials and practice questions
What isOCSAll About
and how can we help you prepare and pass
Revise E1, P1 and F1 papers, from the Case Study POV
Watch the complete preseen and industry analysis videos
Practice writing from the start! 15 tasks + up to 7 mocks available
Get your mocks professionally marked, find out where to improve
Pass your OCS exam with ease using our student pass guarantee
How to study for the OCS exam?
At the Operational level, you assume a critical role as a finance officer. The Capstone Case Study Examination is designed to create a simulated context where candidates can demonstrate their mastery of the essential knowledge, skills, techniques, and mindset necessary for this role.
Our cutting-edge study material is the ultimate preparation tool, featuring:
- Comprehensive technical knowledge review
- In-depth analysis of the current industry landscape
- A wealth of writing practice opportunities through mocks and tasks
- And much more
Don't miss our video on the right side of the page, where we show you how PTA's quality study materials can help you pass your OCS with confidence from May'23-Aug'23. The first three minutes provide an overview of the OCS and our study packages. The remaining five minutes offer a detailed presentation of everything included in our comprehensive Study Material and Online Course. Invest in your future with PTA.
The Case Study Examination provides a simulated context which allows learners to demonstrate that they have acquired the required knowledge, skills, techniques and mindset for that role. Those six core activities are:
- Prepare costing information for different purposes to meet the needs of management (12-18%)
- Prepare budget information and assess its use for planning and control purposes (17-25%)
- Analyse performance using financial and nonfinancial information (17-25%)
- Apply relevant financial reporting standards and corporate governance, ethical and tax principles (12-18%)
- Prepare information to support short-term decision-making (17-25%)
- Prepare information to manage working capital (7-13%)
Each of those core activities includes sa called "I can statements".
- There are four examination windows per year, in February, May, August and November. For details of upcoming Case Study Examination dates, visit cimaglobal.com.
- Pre-seen material will be published on the CIMA website ahead of the May and November examinations. The same preseen will be used for 2 examination windows (e.g. preseen will be the same for May-Aug and Nov-Feb sessions).
- Candidates must use the material to prepare for the examination, immersing themselves in the simulated scenario and considering the organisation’s current position and future strategy.
- During the course of the examination, new information will be provided at the start of each section (task). In response, candidates will have to consider the new information that’s been given, as well as their previous analysis of the pre-seen material.
- Results will be available in MyCIMA about six weeks after the examination.
- The examination lasts three hours. A 15-minute tutorial is available before the start of the examination to allow candidates to familiarise themselves with the test driver.
- The examination has four sections (tasks), which are each 45-minutes long. All sections are equally weighted. Candidates may finish a section early and move on to the next but cannot return to previous sections in the time remaining.
- There may be more than one sub-task within each section and an indication of how long to spend on each sub-task will be given to allow candidates to manage their time. If no weighting is given, then candidates should assume that the sub-tasks are equally weighted.
- More than one core activity will normally be assessed in each section/task and the order of core activities and assessment outcomes in the blueprint does not reflect how these might be structured in the examination.
- All core activities will be assessed in each form of the examination in line with the weightings.
- The examination requires constructed, written responses from candidates in the format of a range of business communications (for example, emails, memos, reports and briefing notes).
- The Case Study Examinations are human marked.
- The Case Study results will contain the following information:
- Grade: Pass or Fail
- Scaled score: 0 to 150 with 80 and above being a Pass
- There is no requirement to obtain a pass or meet a minimum threshold for each core activity.
- Feedback on performance against each core activity will be provided so that learners know their areas of weakness for further study.
Our CIMA Operational
Case Study Packages
Whether you are a beginner student seeking hands-on support, or an advanced student
who knows exactly what they are looking for, we have the perfect OCS package to suit you!
Context, not calculations
You are expected to provide answers that contain context, not calculations. You need to understand the theory behind those calculations to make important decisions and then explain your reasons behind them, without going off-topic or losing track.
We can help you articulate your answers and effectively help you gain those crucial extra marks.
Technical Knowledge is a must!
Be sure that you have mastered the theory from F1, P1 and E1 before you even think about sitting your case study exam. You need to include the key concepts from those modules into your answers.
Our OCS Revisions package can offer real value if you don’t have the time or energy to prepare and revise your own key notes. We have covered all areas here.
The preseen is available 7 weeks before the exam
This means that you have seven weeks to master the preseen from all aspects and cover all potential threats and opportunities. You cannot be expected to do this alone in such a short space of time.
Our packages enable you to scrutinise the preseen and give you valuable insight from a business perspective, so that you can answer tasks confidently.
Keep answers short, but sweet
Remember, case study markers are humans. They don’t want to read something that goes on far too long or is too repetitive. They want answers that are detailed and clear, but not lengthy essays. Short detailed paragraphs always look neat and attractive.
If you are unsure, our marking service will be just what you need. Our expert will scrutinise your mock exam answers and provide you with personalised feedback to help you improve.
Don’t let slow typing speed be an obstacle
GET Your FREE OCS
Study & Exam Materials here
Our OCS Free Package comes with great features, plus instant access to the following materials:
Access to the selected current pre-seen materials and preparation videos, e.g. a deep dive into your role at the exam.
3 Practical Tasks with solutions, covering E1, P1 and F1 papers. All carefully prepared for the current OCS preseen.
Get instant and lifetime access to our newest OCS free materials.
Practise the above mini mock under exam conditions i.e. timed and using the similar word-processor, so you can improve your writing technique.
for your FREE package
Our OCS Packages
- for May'23 - Aug'23 Exam Window (Preseen has been released, our courses are complete!)
|Preseen and Industry Analysis Videos|
|Apply E1, P1, F1 to the Preseen Videos|
|Theory Revision Videos|
|Case Study Preparation Series|
|15 x Writing Practice Tasks|
|Professional Mocks With Solutions||3||5||6||7|
|Email Course Reminders|
|Mock Exam Walkthrough|
|Professional Mock Marking Service||1||3||5|
|Commonly Tested OCS topics|
|Top 10 key Preseen Issues|
|Private 1to1 Tutor Lessons (30min)||3|
|Personal Tutor Guidance|
|5* Tutor Support|
|Pass Assurance, Money Back Guarantee|
- outstanding quality-
£25 / mock
1, 2 or 3 high-standard mock exams
Solutions and marking guide included
Written by Case Study experts
- that makes a difference -
£45 / mock
Professional mocks marking service
Notes from our Case Study Experts
2-3 days turnaround time
- revise OT knowledge like a pro -
3 revision videos covering E1, P1 and F1
Downloadable OCS summary notes
Created from Case Study perspective
We care, we blog
Check our OCS related blog. Study tips and tools. Exam resources. We are bringing it all!
New to the OCS?
Here’s what you should know
Operational Case Study exam (OCS), is a 3 hour test of your E1, P1 and F1 knowledge application. It can be described as a “role simulation” and reflects what happens in the real world. In this article you will learn everything that you need to know about the OCS before you sign up for the exam. If you are new to the OCS, this is the place to start.
What our students say
The risk is on us
We also give you Pass Assurance. Our packages are active until the end of February 2023, but if somehow you don't manage to pass your exam in November or February sitting, don't worry - we will happily prolong your access. Just drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org