Advance with CIMAManagementCase Study
And get 1 step closer to becoming a CGMA
What isMCSAll About
and how can we help you prepare and pass
Revise E2, P2 and F2 papers, from the Case Study POV
Watch the complete preseen and industry analysis videos
Practice writing from the start! 15 tasks + up to 7 mocks available
Get your mocks professionally marked, find out where to improve
Pass your MCS exam with ease using our student pass guarantee
How to study for the MCS exam?
At the Management level you play the role of a finance manager.
The capstone Case Study Examination provides a simulated context allowing candidates to demonstrate that they have acquired the required knowledge, skills, techniques and mindset required for that role.
Our innovative study material covers:
- Technical knowledge review
- The complete current present analysis
- Mocks and plenty of tasks for writing practice
Do check the video on the right side to learn how PTA can help you pass your Management Case Study Exam in May 2022 using quality study material which includes practice questions (tasks), mocks and revision kits. Watch the first 3 mins to get an overview of MCS and our packages. The remaining 6 mins show you a detailed presentation of what's included in our packages (Study Material and Online Course).
The Case Study Examination provides a simulated context which allows learners to demonstrate that they have acquired the required knowledge, skills, techniques and mindset for that role. Those five core activities are:
- Evaluate opportunities to add value.
- Implement senior management decisions.
- Manage performance and costs to aid value creation.
- Measure performance.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders.
Each of those core activities will have 15%-25% weight on the exam.
- There are four examination windows per year, in February, May, August and November. For details of upcoming Case Study Examination dates, visit cimaglobal.com.
- Pre-seen material will be published on the CIMA website ahead of the May and November examinations. The same preseen will be used for 2 examination windows (e.g. preseen will be the same for May-Aug and Nov-Feb sessions).
- Candidates must use the material to prepare for the examination, immersing themselves in the simulated scenario and considering the organisation’s current position and future strategy.
- During the course of the examination, new information will be provided at the start of each section (task). In response, candidates will have to consider the new information that’s been given, as well as their previous analysis of the pre-seen material.
- Results will be available in MyCIMA about six weeks after the examination.
- The examination lasts three hours. A 15-minute tutorial is available before the start of the examination to allow candidates to familiarise themselves with the test driver.
- The examination has four sections (tasks), which are each 45-minutes long. All sections are equally weighted. Candidates may finish a section early and move on to the next but cannot return to previous sections in the time remaining.
- There may be more than one sub-task within each section and an indication of how long to spend on each sub-task will be given to allow candidates to manage their time. If no weighting is given, then candidates should assume that the sub-tasks are equally weighted.
- More than one core activity will normally be assessed in each section/task and the order of core activities and assessment outcomes in the blueprint does not reflect how these might be structured in the examination.
- All core activities will be assessed in each form of the examination in line with the weightings.
- The examination requires constructed, written responses from candidates in the format of a range of business communications (for example, emails, memos, reports and briefing notes).
- The Case Study Examinations are human marked.
- The Case Study results will contain the following information:
- Grade: Pass or Fail
- Scaled score: 0 to 150 with 80 and above being a Pass
- There is no requirement to obtain a pass or meet a minimum threshold for each core activity.
- Feedback on performance against each core activity will be provided so that learners know their areas of weakness for further study.
There are no calculations in the case study exams.
Technical knowledge of the theory from F2, P2 and E2 syllabi will be required.
A balanced answer script is your key to success.
The Pre-Seen will be available before the exam.
There is no escaping the keyboard!
Our MCS Packages
- for May'22 - August'22 Exam Window -
|Preseen and Industry Analysis Videos|
|Apply E2, P2, F2 to the Preseen Videos|
|Theory Revision Videos|
|Case Study Preparation Series|
|15 x Writing Practice Tasks|
|Professional Mocks With Solutions||3||5||6||7|
|Email Course Reminders|
|Mock Exam Walkthrough|
|Professional Mock Marking Service||1||3||5|
|Online Group Webinar with Expert|
|Private 1to1 Tutor Lessons (30min)||3|
|Personal Tutor Guidance|
|5* Tutor Support|
|Pass Assurance, Money Back Guarantee|
- outstanding quality-
£25 / mock
1, 2 or 3 high-standard mock exams
Solutions and marking guide included
Written by Case Study experts
- that makes a difference -
£45 / mock
Professional mocks marking service
Notes from our Case Study Experts
2-3 days turnaround time
GET Your FREE MCS
Study & Exam Materials here
Our MCS Free Package comes with great features, plus instant access to the following materials:
Access to the selected current pre-seen materials and preparation videos, e.g. a deep dive into your role at the exam.
3 Practical Tasks with solutions, covering E2, P2 and F2 papers. All carefully prepared for the current MCS preseen.
Get instant and lifetime access to our newest MCS free materials.
Practise the above mini mock under exam conditions i.e. timed and using the similar word-processor, so you can improve your writing technique.
Sign up for your free MCS Materials
for your FREE package